Gargoyle For a While
lean from the stone until nightfall
spit rain when forced, grin in the sun
begrimed black, missing
your tongue, time passing
keeps thrashing in the hall
Try the Welsh verse form called the clogyrnach.
- Begin with a couplet, each line eight syllables.
- Follow with lines of five, five, three, three syllables.
- The three, three pair may be written as one six-syllable line.
- The five syllable lines rhyme with each other and with the first of the threes.
- The second three rhymes with the original couplet.